JustSports is looking for a Content Editor in the Vancouver area with a passion for all levels of sports, a sharp eye for detail and a talent for creating interesting digital content. This position is responsible for working closely with numerous contributors in assigning and editing digital content and publishing clear and well-written material on JustSports.ca. The Content Editor will edit incoming content for grammar, spelling, accuracy and style, rewrite material and package it with photos and/or videos. Additionally, the Content Editor will fact-check, write concise, inviting headlines and photo captions and edit photos to the
The Content Editor will report to the Chief Content Editor and collaborate with Community Managers to prioritize the workflow. Other duties include writing and preparing well-crafted social media posts that meet JustSports guidelines. Availability to work nights and weekends is a must.
- Pitch story ideas and create intriguing and engaging content about our core subjects of community sports, national team sports and university and college sports. Work with fellow
editorial team members and the sales team on developing sponsored content and native advertising.
- Assign stories to freelance and staff content contributors. Monitor and manage a constant flow of incoming digital material from contributors, news sources and CP newswire.
- Thoroughly copy edit and proofread a high volume of incoming content, and post stories onto the
website in a timely manner with accuracy and creativity.
- Correct errors in spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition and format.
- Write strong, attractive headlines and write active and clear captions.
- Edit and crop photos.
- Edit some video content and adhere to in-house standards.
- Demonstrate strong news judgment and the ability to prioritize a heavy volume of work under
- Craft inviting, succinct social media posts and follow the techniques to promote JustSports
- Adhere to an in-house style guide.
- Rewriting material and occasional reporting from live events.
- Must be available some nights and weekends.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least three years of journalism or communications experience.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Passion for community, university and national team sports.
- Proficiency in creating attractive digital content and understanding of social media best practices.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Press style guide.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow strict processes while delivering content on tight timelines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with other team members in multiple locations, with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management skills.
- Detail oriented and deadline-driven.
- Video editing and photo editing skills.
- Experience with basic HTML and WordPress a plus.
How to Apply:
If this sounds like you and you match most of our requirements, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume and cover letter and salary expectations and why you want to join our
JustSports is a division of Just Networks Inc., is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.